When Olivia was in 1st grade (3 years ago) I was supposed to chaperone her school field trip to the zoo and she says that I was sick and couldn't go and I think she stayed home too and so I've been promising to take her for a long while. She remembers better than I and has often reminded me of the promise, but it's too hot in the summer and life is so busy during school that it has taken this long. So we ventured out along with the Farley family and finally got to the Houston Zoo on December 30, 2010.

If the famous albino crocodile ever dies, I think they could replace it with a rubber one and the public would not be the wiser -- or maybe they already have???

Not by the hair on my chinny-chin-chin!

Jake, Livvy and Eli becoming giraffe-like!

And we were priviliged to see the Rhino Exhibit with our own special Chevron employee, Matt!

The kids starting to tire as Mason can't give me a smile.

And Jake somehow gets a ride in the stroller -- he's 11-1/2! Why does the zoo get a person so exhausted! But now I've got a year long pass, so we'll have to go again and after this year, my kids will never beg to go again, so we'll enjoy it for a season!
No comments:
Post a Comment