And we promptly got hit by old man winter, quite severly for Houston as our car has never looked like this before. School closed for a day and about everything was canceled because no here can drive on icey roads. If you don't know this, know it now: I.hate.being.cold!
And just around two weeks after the freeze, when the kids had a day off on President's Day, they had to go swimming, not very long and still a little chilly @ 70 degress, but swimming they were!

Below, while waiting their turn for the trucks, cousin Mason expressed his fettish for belly buttons (or pico in Hawaiian) and Caleb was sweet to indulge him patiently.

His favorite was the mobile learning station which filled with smoke (pretend) and they got to climb out the window.

And I'm excited to get my back yard in shape after last summer's pool building took a toll on my landscaping.
We had 3 yards of crushed granite, 2 yards of bull rock, a 3,000 lb pallet of moss rocks and around 700 lbs of flagstone delivered. We are fortunate to have these two strong boys to help. Colton had to play water polo with his high school team in a tournament all Friday and Saturday so he missed out, but he'll get to help during spring break when 5 yards each of garden soil and mulch are delivered. I have more "before" pics, but I'll show them in another post with the "after" shots, as that'll make me feel better.

His favorite was the mobile learning station which filled with smoke (pretend) and they got to climb out the window.

And I'm excited to get my back yard in shape after last summer's pool building took a toll on my landscaping.
We had 3 yards of crushed granite, 2 yards of bull rock, a 3,000 lb pallet of moss rocks and around 700 lbs of flagstone delivered. We are fortunate to have these two strong boys to help. Colton had to play water polo with his high school team in a tournament all Friday and Saturday so he missed out, but he'll get to help during spring break when 5 yards each of garden soil and mulch are delivered. I have more "before" pics, but I'll show them in another post with the "after" shots, as that'll make me feel better.And a local garden blog about foretelling the weather will make ya smile, at least us southerners. Check it out:
You'll have to scroll down a few posts, but when you see the alligator, you're there!

1 comment:
What a very busy year! I loved the picture if Caleb climbing out of the window. Nice of him to indulge mason :)
Post a Comment