
Eli's pet, a tangerine-leopard gecko named Sunshine, has hopefully gone on to a better place (aka: he died). Eli got him for his 10th birthday and these pictures are from last spring, but these last couple of months have been bad for him. It should be a learning lesson for Eli that following directions on taking care of pets and making sure they eat food and have water are good. I asked if he learned anything and he said "not to have pets". I felt really bad for the little guy (the lizard, not Eli). We didn't give him calcium supplements and his bones were too thin and then it got too cold for him--since we weren't making sure the temp was right. Really I wonder how I haven't let one of my own kids get killed--lucky for me they can get their own food--poor sunshine :-(
1 comment:
oh no! that is so sad!
Post a Comment