We had a houseful (26 +) of wonderful friends and enough food to feed everyone a Thanksgiving meal twice, but the memory of 2008 will be Jake's bloody head and his trip to an ER clinic taken by Chris, Carl and Kenny for 5 staples to hold him back together. Everyone had arrived and about 5 minutes before we were going to start dinner, Jake comes in and says "mom, I think my head is bleeding" and he removes his hands to reveal a gash, probably an 1-1/2 on the back of his skull. We have a rope swing on the playset and like a pendulum he swung away only to be brought back against the wood. So the men got to eat a couple of hours later, but maybe they were a little more thankful. Actually, I was extremely thankful I didn't have to go, so it all worked out for everyone :-)
Warning, here's the bloody picture below:

2 comments:
Ohhh . . . poor Jakey. Did he have a concussion as well? He must've smacked pretty hard to split his head open.
Who came to Thanksgiving dinner? I'm jealous, even though I had my sister here!
Ouch! Poor guy, that had to hurt! Sounds like you took it all in stride though. What a fun group to all have together for dinner.
Post a Comment