I guess I was tagged by my sister-in-law and I think I'm supposed to do it this way:
Where were you?
20 years ago--October 1988
I was a freshman in college, attending American River Junior College and not much else going on.
10 years ago--October 1998
I was living in Monterey California. Colton was 4, Eli was 1-1/2 and I had just found out that we would be having a new addition, thus we recieved Jake the next June. Sometime in October I made my first trip to Texas and we searched for homes for a weekend and signed up & put the money down on a new house to be built--becoming first time homeowners. Good times!
5 years ago--October 2003
Colton's 9, Eli 6-1/2, Jake 4 and Olivia's 2. Chris works at HP and I'm a Relief Society teacher at church. We were probably making plans to go camping for Thanksgiving with the Piersons. We had several families we were good friends with at this time that were like "family" that have since moved away. Sniff, sniff.
3 years ago--October 2005
I was preggers with Caleb. We just decided to sell our house and I was working myself silly getting it ready to show. We sold the house quick, so I got to move at 7 months expecting and then again 4 weeks after he arrived when our new house was finished. I don't know what the kids were up to back then, except for Olivia, they all were in school. Hopefully I was taking good care of them.
1 year ago--October 2007
'Twas the best primary program ever! Really I couldn't believe that I was a primary president and allowed to be in charge of such things, which is why I had Tia do it all. My niece, Tia, was my 1st counselor in primary and we enjoyed having real relatives here and becoming good friends. I was also enrolled in a BYU class and trying to figure out what colors to paint my house. Yeah, and I think the kids must have been okay. We just let Colton start doing swim club, so lots of driving.
Yesterday--Halloween, in charge of our ward trunk-or-treat sponsored by primary, though I delegated it to my 1st counselor. Jake and Livvy missed the bus, so I drove them and got my last-minute stuff for it. Then didn't feel well and slept/layed down most of the day. I'd cleaned up Caleb's throw up 3 nights earlier at 2 am and something must have gotten me as I was queasy and achey all day. Jake did throw up after school, but went trick-or-treating anyways. Jake was a police man, Olivia an indian, Caleb a frog and Eli threw on a black cloak and said 'good enough'. It's over now and I'm good with that!
Today--Very hungry today after not really eating yesterday. Took Caleb to Olivia's soccer game, did tons of yardwork, hopefully to last till spring and took Jake and Livvy to a family's fall celebration at their house with a hay ride, apple bobbing and a bonfire. Got home minutes after Colton whom i hadn't seen in almost 3 days--he'd gone to Austin with the water polo team for the state tournament, and had thrown up earlier in the day. They kids are in bed now, except Caleb and while I'm typing, I'm semi-watching with Chris the movie "21".
Tomorrow--Stake conference should be good, less stressful than the last one I had to speak at. Not sure if we have dinner plans or not, but it'll be nice to enjoy a Sunday with just the family. We're having beautiful weather and hopefully we can play soccer in the backyard or roast marshmallows. Yep, we think BIG!
In One Year--Well, here's what I'm hoping. The Farley's will be back from Scotland, I'll probably not be primary president (maybe Tia will :-). I'll have finished at least two more BYU classes. Our garage projects will be finished as well as having a lovely covered patio out back. Caleb will be potty trained and Colton will have his learner's permit. I'll be happy and busy doing good things.
I hope you enjoyed this. Feel free to be tagged if you wish. I always love hearing from ya'll.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I don't think that I will be ever be able to fill your shoes as the Primary President! But, I will happily be your counselor :)
I hope we'll be back too.. The powers that be here in Scotland would like me to extend an additional year or two for another project. However, the powers that be in Houston may have something else in mind! :) My supervisor from Houston is visiting this week, so we should find out more then. You guys and the Hansens will be the first to know. I'm crossing my fingers for Houston for a number of reasons :)
Ahh. Thanksgiving camping. Those were the days, eh?
Where has the time gone? We need to see you guys sooner than later.
Miss you!
Post a Comment