Sunday, March 2, 2008

Seven is Magic?

It's a peaceful, wonderful morning 'cause I'm the only one up and I've decided to begin. Naming my blog is optimistic as seven sometimes seems more like a pain in the backside--though you all know I love being a mom and having a large family.


It's Caleb's second birthday today. He is such a fun, active little guy (though that does not mean easy). He's growing up so fast and since he's our last, it makes me contemplate my mortality -- what's next -- being a grandmother, eww! Though I've heard being a grandmother is great when it happens, I'm certainly not ready yet. That's just how I am, jumping way to far ahead. Before that happens I'll be sending kids to high school (Colton starts in the fall), teaching them to drive, there's dating, missions, college, yadda, yadda, yadda, and then maybe grandmothering will come. How can I trust them to be parents? Last night as I was checking all the kids toenails and clipping where necessary I told Colton he needs to do his own - "by myself?" he asks. Yes, you are thirteen, it's time to start cutting the apron strings and your own toenails. Unbelieveable, I know, don't laugh too hard.


So I'm excited to include you all in my greatest journey of having my magical family of seven and I'm so thankful to have you all as my extended family.

4 comments:

Karie said...

Oh my gosh that is so funny! Sometimes Dustin asks me to tie his shoes (which he can do very well on his own) which makes me laugh and I say "do you see Grandma tying daddy's shoes?" Dustin doesn't think this is very funny. Oh well!!!

I love your blog already!!!!!!

Shauna said...

YEAH!!! You're in the blogging realm! Now it won't feel like forever between phone calls.

Give that cute little Caleb a squeeze from him Aunt Shauna and Uncle Daren. Sad thing is he is the only one that won't remember us!

Jonah said...

Hooray!! I love it! I can't believe Caleb is 2. I miss that little guy...and the rest of your family too! So gld you've joined the blogging world!

Heather said...

I'm glad you started blogging. I can't believe your baby is already 2! Although, Hope is 15 months already...time sure does fly.