I usually feel like I have the closest thing I've experienced to a hang-over the morning after a late night of playing volleyball. If you've never played with me, I really let loose and show a different side. I'm not sure why - I'm just having fun, no responsibilities, and I thoroughly enjoy the game. But I have to take an advil pm to get to sleep and then I can barely pry open my eyes til 9 am. Luckily the kids are home for spring break - it's tough on school days. They don't get a lunch made or help with anything. This morning the kids (mostly Eli) took care of Caleb while I was trying to regain consciousness. I could hear them, but my body could not respond.

I did get up and suggest breakfast and they all wanted something "special" - aka, not cereal. I don't know if its scouts, or the example of their dad, or just hunger, but my boys can cook breakfast. With Colton on waffles and Eli making eggs (better than i can make), we enjoyed a great meal. Though the mess afterwards makes me cringe. What you can't see are the eggs spilled all on the stove and down to the floor. Oh well, afterwards we all pitched in and did a quick ten-minute tidy and got it back to normal.
So here's to lazy mornings, but I'm sure I'll be ready for the return to structure next week!
2 comments:
That is too funny!
Woo hoo...my wife acknowledged...at least somewhat...that I have quite possible been a good example to my boys! I do admit I am probalby not a good example of clean! What she does realize is male are genetically oblivious so we cannot be held accountable for what we are not aware of...or can we...I actually don't know.
Post a Comment